Svmuu News According to the New York Post: If peace talks with Iran fail, Trump is prepared to use military force.
For weeks, U.S. allies, military analysts, and those skeptical of the president's strategy have been asking: How was Iran allowed to seize and maintain control of this waterway? And, given the strength of U.S. military power, why hasn't the Trump administration used force to reopen the Strait of Hormuz? These questions will be particularly prominent during the peace talks starting Saturday in Islamabad, as control of the waterway remains Iran's most powerful bargaining chip. This will also test Trump, who is focused on voters' economic sensitivities and is cautious about actions that could endanger American personnel.
Mark Cancian, a former Marine Corps regional military planner, said, I am surprised that the Navy has been reluctant to seize the strait itself. This is not the Navy's finest hour. When the moment finally came for the Navy to save the global economy, it failed utterly. Former U.S. military officials and experts firmly assert that Iran's ability to control the strait is not due to incompetence by the U.S. military. Frank McKenzie, former commander of U.S. Central Command, said earlier this month that the U.S. Navy has the capability to open that strait and keep it open if needed. Nonetheless, sustained military action for this purpose is fraught with practical and political challenges. Robert Harward, former deputy commander of U.S. Central Command, said, The risk for the Navy might be small, but the political risk for the president could be significant. (Jin10)
Disclaimer:All content on this platform is sourced from the internet and is provided for informational purposes only. None of the content represents the views of this site, nor does it constitute investment advice. Please exercise caution when investing.
If peace talks with Iran fail, Trump is prepared to use military force
Recommended Reading




