Disclaimer:All content on this platform is sourced from the internet and is provided for informational purposes only. None of the content represents the views of this site, nor does it constitute investment advice. Please exercise caution when investing.
Trump's push for Lebanon-Israel contact hits a snag as Lebanese president refuses further engagement
Svmuu News: Lebanese President Joseph Aoun has refused to hold a phone call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Previously, U.S. President Donald Trump had stated that the two leaders would hold historic talks. A Lebanese official said, "We told the Americans we are not ready to take this step yet." Lebanese officials have informed Israel and the United States that they will not seek further negotiations until a ceasefire is reached between Israel and Hezbollah. The Israeli security cabinet met on Wednesday to discuss a possible ceasefire agreement. Earlier on Thursday, Israeli officials indicated that Netanyahu and Aoun were scheduled to have a call—this follows the first direct dialogue between Israel and Lebanon in over four decades, held in Washington D.C. this week. Trump also posted on social media that the Israeli and Lebanese leaders would speak, but did not disclose any details such as the location or method of the call. The Israeli side stated that they are not currently seeking to end the war with Hezbollah. (Jin10)
Recommended Reading




